Sunday, February 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Hundreds of thousands of people are still without power from the ice storm. People are dying from hypothermia and treacherous conditions. It is so sad and devastating. Please join me in praying for those people!
Amazingly, after 5 1/2 days, our power came on yesterday. I truly thought it would be later next week before our power was restored because we live outside the city limits. We had driven home yesterday to pick up some more toys and clothing to take back to our condo when the power came back on! We were thrilled.

Jimmy left early this morning for a week so it was a relief to get settled back into our home before he headed out.

I received this cute cartoon the other day from my Mother-in-Law. It is titled "Winter Sucks." It pretty much sums it up!


Anyone else ready for Spring?


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! So glad you guys are back home. I know how tough that can be with little ones.

Katherine said...

I am glad you got your power back. Sheila had told me about this. Our power was out for 5 days once. It wasn't cold. It was hot and miserable. Of course it is terrible when people are dying from this. But, personally I HATE being without power! I mean...you can't even dry your hair! ;)