Thursday, September 4, 2008

Family Food Faves

I am so sad. My favorite pre-marinated teriyaki pork tenderloin is no longer available at any of my local grocery stores. So I've been searching for a recipe that I thought might be similar. I made this for the first time the other day and was so happy...I think it's better than the store-bought one and about 1/2 the price!

Asian Pork Tenderloin

1/3 cup lite soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 1/2 to 2 pounds pork tenderloin

Whisk together first 8 ingredients. Place pork in a shallow dish; add marinade, turning pork to coat. Cover and chill 8 hours. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Place in a foil-lined roasting pan.
Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 160°. Let pork stand 5 minutes.

Or, grill it on the barbeque.

post signature

No comments: